Adopted Date: April 2018
Next Review: April 2019
Monkley’s Furniture (“us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. Monkley’s Furniture is a UK based company and do not operate outside of the EU.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us.
Fair process notice/privacy notice
- We only collect data if there are legitimate grounds for collecting and using the personal data
- We do not use the data in ways that have unjustified adverse effects on the individuals concerned
- We are transparent about how we intend to use the data, and give individuals appropriate privacy notices when collecting their personal data
- We handle people’s personal data only in ways they would reasonably expect
- We make sure we do not do anything unlawful with the data
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you request a service or make an enquiry. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Phone number
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details, email addresses etc.)
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
How do we use this information?
Monkley’s Furniture will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. We do not carry out any direct marketing of our products or services. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else that might.
We do not ask for consent because direct marketing is not carried out.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a service with you and to fulfil and complete your enquiry.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with services and enquiries:
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: when a product is due to arrive, visit your property to measure for furniture);
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
Vital Interest: If a member of staff we will need to process your personal information to contact your next of kin in case of an emergency.
How do we share this information?
We do not share or sell your information to third parties, unless it is required to complete a service (e.g. products delivered direct to an address).
We take steps to ensure that any third party who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information where ever possible.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer, supplier, staff member), we hold your personal information for 7 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, if we feel the data you supplied may be required in the future we hold your personal information for 3 years from the date we collect that information. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to provide a better returning customer service (e.g. to find a specific matching furniture item you may have purchased before).
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 7 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);
How can I manage the information we hold about you
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Officer:
DPO: Jo Monkley
Office Address: Monkley’s Furniture, The Poplars, Felton, Herefordshire, HR1 3PW, UK
Telephone: 01432 820 130
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113